Finished set

 I had cut the set in November and was hoping to finish it promptly, once I would have received the elastics but my order arrived and everything sat there, waiting to be picked up. I ordered some glitter boxer elastic for the waistband and the bra band, which is really pretty, might need to order myself some! And some cavaliere elastic, which is like a bias binding with the fabric held between the 2 "layers" of elastic and of course some strap elastic too.

I wanted to try a bralette for my daughter and found the Tami pattern by Eclipse, which is a free pattern. My daughter doesn't like lace so I planned to use some jersey fabric that I had in my stash, a leftover from a nightdress I made myself a few years ago. I then ordered the relevant elastics from Rascol.


I used another free pattern, the Acacia Underwear by Megan Nielsen for the the bottom, using the same fabric and elastics.


Sewing both pieces didn't take very long. It took much longer to sew the elastics. I like how they turned out.

Céline

Comments

  1. I never knew there were so many elastics! What a gorgeous result. I'm sure your daughter is going to love them. They are such a cute set. I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you the courage to attempt sewing with elastic. They look great! Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5