Boardwalk dress

At the beginning of the summer, I was dreaming of a lovely swish summer dress that would be perfect in the sun. I found the pattern for the Boardwalk Wrap Dress by New Horizons Designs and thought it would be worth a try. Like so many of her patterns, they are plenty of options to choose from. I settled on the open rounded front for the skirt and the lovely open seams for the top. found a lovely bright an colourful fabric at Godhawk Road early July and was hoping to make the dress at the beginning of the summer. With all the teachers' presents etc, it didn't quite work that way and I ended up not even starting it in July.... But finally I managed to cut the dress earlier this month. From that point I was on a mission, to stay focus and finish the dress!
The fabric looks really transparent in the sun and I was worried the dress might be see- through but it seems OK once I wear it!
The dress construction is not very difficult so it comes together rather quickly.
With the bias binding, I had originally sewn it all by machine but I didn't like how it look on the front so I unpicked it and finished it by hand for a much neater finish. And then it was time for the label!
So that meant a finished summery dress
I haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet as the summer seems to have deserted the UK
But I keep hope that I can wear it later when I'm travelling to warmer destinations. 
And this is one OPAM for August and one off my Q3 FAL list. 

Celine

Comments

  1. Gorgeous dress!! Love the fabric, very elegant and it looks great on you! I'm going to check out that pattern. Hope you get warm weather so you can wear it. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dress! It looks so breezy and cool. Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5