Dear Jane blocks

I have fallen behind the Dear Jane sew along very quickly... I know,  no surprises there! Making the blocks is not the most time consuming part actually, it's preparing them (cutting the pieces) that takes time. And so many times I have found that I ran out of prep time before travelling so I didn't have anything to sew while out and about.  Finally I was able to finish a few blocks over the last few weeks.

The first one I finished was G12, Gloriae (3 pieces, mainly reverse applique). This one had been prepared years ago
The next one, also prepared years ago is I6, Viewer's Choice (6 pieces, applique)
Last week I finished C8, Hani's crown (21 pieces, hand piecing) started on my way to New York and finished in hospital in Florence
And this week, I finished C5, Eye of the Cyclone, in Ibiza with a mixture of piecing, applique and reverse applique, 17 pieces
I only need C10 to finish Row C and I started it as I was hoping to complete Row C during my holidays but I have lost a few pieces while travelling so this one is unfinished for now.
4 more Dear Jane blocks taking me to 133 out of 169, little by little I'm sure I'll get there!
Linking to Monday MakingMonday Design Wall,Moving It ForwardWednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersLet's Bee Social, Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

  1. I would think it would be pretty easy to fall behind on a Dear Jane. But keep at it - you'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, from my point of view you're almost done! 133 out of 169 is impressive. You can do this! Thanks for sharing your work on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, isn't THAT the truth?! I need to hang a giant sign in my studio that says "Cutting takes longer than you think it will!" I always underestimate how long that part takes, as though in my mind it's a 15 minute task and in reality, cutting certain blocks with lots of fabrics that have to be pressed and folded first can stretch out over several days. It's the cutting and the pinning that make quilting take so long. The sewing part is a breeze! Your Jane blocks look terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!