Laptop sleeve - version 2!

I know I know,  it looks like I'm repeating myself.... but I'm not actually! I made a laptop sleeve last month and used it once but I decided I didn't really like it. I didn't want to make drastic changes but it needed a few tweaks here send there.... so I took it all apart and started again more or less!
The main 2 things that bothered me was that it was too wide compared to my laptop and that the flap should have been a little narrower than the sleeve. So I cut a strip of both sides and made the flap smaller and cut the corners off.
The other thing I wanted to do was to fold the side of the lining and sew the lining against the front (wrong side together) rather than trying to assemble right sides together and try to turn the whole sleeve out. It gets quite difficult send bulky with the faux leather.
So I serged the lining and folded the seam allowance.
And this time I assembled the main sleeve on the outside with an external visible seam since the lining was sewn independently.
I also added a tiny pocket for business cards
And a piece of black elastic as a pen holder
And here it is, a much nicer laptop sleeve!
 Fitting my laptop so much better
Another OPAM for August and another one of my Q3 FAL list since I made it in full a second time!
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway