Monday, 19 August 2019

Fiore skirt

Closet case's new patterns from the Rome collection are so beautiful, I bought the whole collection and picked the skirt first. I was planning the asymmetrical one first but I didn't have enough of the fabric I wanted to use so I settled on the most simple one from the pattern which I made with a lovely black linen fabric.
The skirt construction was not very difficult with 4 panels and one waistband.  I started at a weekend but didn't have an invisible zip, which I thought was worth waiting for, it is so much nicer.
I also took a little more time to make the inside waistband pretty with a red bias.
Putting the zip in required a little prep to ensure everything lined up exactly at the back: the top and bottom of the waistband.
And after that step,  all I had to do was to sew the hem to finish the skirt.
And I've been able to wear my new black skirt for work this week.
This is another OPAM and another one of my Q3 FAL list.

Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin