Hankies

Last month I bought a collection of cotton fabric planning to make hankies for the family with them. Well I am glad to report I have finally started! I cut in the first one last week, a lovely thin stripe fabric I bought from Fabworks Mill Work.
I cut a number of squares about 14' and some more about 10' to make his and hers. I also wanted to try a variety of techniques for the edges.

I tried the perfect mitered corner method from By Hand London blog and that was easy to follow as well as giving a very neat finish. I made my folds smaller than indicated on the blog but this still gives a relatively large "hem"

I tried to simply fold over the border twice and edge stitch. I don't like this one as the corners are messy.
And I practiced my rolled hem on all the others. I really like the rolled hem finish for a hankie but it is not easy to do it consistently and neatly. 
And then hubby mentioned that maybe I could go fancy and add initials to them so I did, on one only so far!
We now have each a little pile of hankies to use, all them pattern... until I break into another one of the cottons I bought.
Another OPAM for March. 

Linking to Monday Design Wall Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Something I've thought of doing--but have gotten no farther than the thought.claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Love the addition of the initial. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!