Christmas tree

I was hoping to keep up with the Tinsel Tree quilt-along, considering that I had cut and assembled all the background pieces early on but I fell off the race so early on. 

I worked on the tree topper but didn't have my circles ready for applique so I left it aside until such time I'd work out how to cut them with my cricut, which hasn't occurred yet...

The next step was to slice off the big triangle to build the tree. This was a step that I wanted to do during a weekend when I'd have time to go from the first cut to the last seam as I was worried I would otherwise end up with a big puzzle that I could no longer reconstruct.  

Well it seems that the stormy weather of this weekend was the right time to do so. It took some time but I'm pleased with the outcome and the lines seem still quite aligned!

The tree is ready to be set back into the background pieces. Now I really need to cut those circles so that I can complete the top. I'm really hoping I'll finish it this side of Christmas to send it to my mum as I fear we'll not be able to see each other this year. 

Linking to Wednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersNeedle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

  1. What a beautiful tree! I think it was smart to wait until the weekend though. The results are stunning! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!