#2023 Planning Party

2022 is nearly over and I, for one will be happy to see the end of it. The last part of the year has been and continues to be difficult for us as a family so I guess it might help to set our eyes to the future. Aside from this, it's not been a very productive year in the craft department either, partly because of the renovation work in the house which has seen major disruptions/ move to most of the rooms for a long while, but I guess partly also because of the lack of energy/ motivation when I finally had some time... at least I have a dedicated sewing area again so that's rather helpful. 


I like to join Yvonne's Planning Party as it helps me think about what I should like to accomplish or most likely finish in the coming year. But before planning for next year, I like to look back at what I had planned for this year...

In 2022, I was hoping to finish 3 quilts (UFO): Super Mario, Flabellum and Impromptu - well I finished the first 2.

I was also hoping to progress some other UFOs which are still at the block stage (Harry Potter, Boho Heart, Gipsy Wife, 365 challenge, Dear Jane) - I worked on 3 projects but didn't progress a lot really
And I was reasonable since I only started one project (Mini Series sew along)

On the dressmaking front, again I was hoping to finish 3 UFO: my Morgan jeans, my Jasika blazer and my Utility Coat - I only finished the last one...


For the accessories, I finished my Remus bag early in January which was good but I still haven't touched the Moonwake bag.

As for the cross-stich, I made great progress both with the Grimm along and the Nutcracker Parade but despite that, they are still a long way off!


Now, let's start planning for 2023
Quilting: 
Finish the Impromptu quilt, the Farmer's Wife and the mini Storm at Sea

Progress the Boho Heart, Harry Potter, Dear Jane and another UFO

Dressmaking:
Finish the Morgan Jeans and the Winter Coat

Make a blouse, 2 jersey dresses, 1 night dress
Make PJ for the girls

Bags, accessories:
Make a new handbag for myself (Moonwake) + 1 for my mum
Make some accessories with my stash of faux leather (pouches, purses etc)

Cross-stitch
Finish 3 more "months" of the Grimm Along and finish the center of the Nutcracker parade


Céline


Comments

  1. It sounds like you made great progress on your 2022 goals. I often wonder if I achieve all of my goals if I wasn't ambitious enough in setting them. :) I hope that you have a lot of sewing and crafting joy in 2023!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!