A new dress

 My company Christmas party was in London just under 2 weeks ago and we were told to dress like in the 1920s. A quick look online made me realise that I had left it too late to order an outfit so I bought the Folkwear 1920s Flapper dress pattern and I went to Toto tissu to buy some black fabric and some bling to make a dress in the week or so I had left.

The pattern is rather simple with 2 identical pieces for the top and 2 identical pieces for the skirt. I cut a size Large qnd lengthened the top pieces by 4''. I could have cut size medium actually as it is quite roomy. I used some French seams on the top and one the skirt for a neater  finish. And I then only needed to add a little bling on the dress. I had found a black sequined trim that I added to the armholes and waistband

a wide glittery trim that I added to the hem and the waistband too and a beaded trim that I added to the neckline. 

The neckline was by far the most difficult part as somehow my fabric didn't want to be turned under twice. I had to redo it twice and it still isn't perfect.

I bought some long black gloves and a long pearl strand to wear with it and made a headband with the black sequined trim to complete the look, ready to party... Apart that after nursing 2 of the kids over the weekend with a flu-like illness, I started to have temperature the morning before I was due to travel to London so that was the end of my trip... I spent the evening of our work Christmas party at home, in my pyjamas (not my flapper dress), coughing my lungs off and feverish from the flu-like illness I had caught.

So a finished dress that I haven't worn and I am not sure I will ever wear it really... 

Linking to Off the wall Friday, Finished or Not Finished FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPatchwork and Quilt.

Céline

Comments

  1. Ah mince, j'espère que tu vas mieux. Dommage pour la fête, et la robe, qui est très réussie. Mais c'est sûr qu'il va falloir une pareille occasion pour la porter ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!