Christmas sewing

 Some last-minute sewing that I had planned for earlier in December but got pushed back because I needed a party dress and then because I was in bed nursing a flu-like illness... I eventually found time for some sewing on the 24th... better late than never really!

A few years ago I had made some fabric gift bags that I use every year to wrap some presents. I wanted to make more this year and some bigger ones too for those larger presents that tend to use up a lot of paper. I had the fabric that I had bought last year to make a table cloth before realising that it wasn't wide enough and some left over ribbons too. I just needed the time and energy. Well when time was running out to wrap the presents, I decided it was then or never! I needed 4 larger bags and 2 smaller ones to finish this year wrapping but I ended up cutting one XL bag, 4 large ones and 4 small ones.

And because I had some fabric left, I thought it would be nice to make some Christmas/holiday napkins rather than using paper/disposable ones so I cut a set of 12 napkins as well and hemmed all 4 sides while making the bags. I cut them quite small at 12'', it would have been better to cut them 16'' but for an occasional meal, it works! And we now have a lovely set of napkins for our festive table.

I also spent quite some time trying to get to grips with my Cricut to make some money wallet for the kids and some ticket holders too. They aren't overly fancy but I am glad I managed to use my Cricut that still scare me a little!



Linking to Put your foot down.

Céline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!