Best of 2022

 It has been quite a chaotic year really. We had quite a lot of renovation work done on the house, which has seen a lot of disruption. We have had all the ceilings down (yes there has been a lot of dust for a long time) and have had to move furniture around from one room to the other as the work was going on. 95% of the work is completed, most of the stuff is back to where it belongs (but not quite all of it yet). I have also acquired a permanent sewing space in a corner of the new office we have had built, which has been a positive move. But despite this new permanent space, I haven't done very much mainly by lack of time and lack of motivation/energy. And the end of the year has been rather traumatic so not much has happened there either.

Now for my top 5:

First would be the Super Mario Quilt that has only been finished about a week ago - 10 years after I started it. I really thought for a while that it would still not be finished this year despite needing just the binding.

Second would be my Utility Coat, another UFO that was started in Spring 2021, just before we moved but got put aside because I got stuck on one step. It was nearly finished but had to wait about 18 months before finally being wearable.

Third would be my Persephone purse, yet another UFO. I started it in Spring 2021 to gift to my friend for her birthday (that April) then as a parting gift in the summer but it still wasn't finished by the time we moved. So I decided to finish it in March before they were due to visit. Their visit got delayed to September because of Covid and finally it was gifted then.

Fourth would be my Charlie Blouse. I had wanted to make a blouse/shirt for a very long time but always got scared by all the more technical bits. I cut the Charlie blouse at the end of the summer and was worried that it might turn into a UFO since the weather was no longer summery but I managed to finish it quickly enough so that it is ready for next summer.

Last but not least, another UFO, my Flabellum quilt. I finished the piecing before we moved and got it quilted just before we crossed the Channel. I had cut the binding but not sewn it to the quilt. I am glad it is now finished and in use!

Apart from these, I made little progress on a few of my UFOs but nothing major really. I finished and assembled my mini Storm at Sea that needs quilting, made a few blocks for my Farmer's Wife quilt, my Boho Heart quilt and my Dear Jane quilt. I made significant progress on my Grimm Tales and Nutcracker cross stitches but neither are finished still. And I made two dresses and 2 tops this year. I started one new project with the Mini Blocks sew along, I now have a pile of lovely Liberty blocks but I am not sure what I'll do with them.

Hoping for a quieter and more creative year in 2023!

Linking to Best of 2022 Linky Party hosted by Cheryl.

Céline

Comments

  1. You did really well with your finishes even though it was a hectic year! I can't imagine trying to sew in the middle of renovations, it would be tricky. And yes- the dust! Here's to a quieter 2023 with a lot more time for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed you got anything done with all that renovation work going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such as great review, you have some awesome finishes for 2023. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!