Glittery Moneta

 Probably my last finish of the year, I put the last stitches on my glittery Moneta dress yesterday evening, ready for the non-party on 31st! 


I bought the fabric in the Black Friday sale in November 2019 but I never managed to make anything with it last year before the end of year festivities. I had kept it on my to-do list last year and eventually cut a Moneta in spring that I thought of finishing for Easter. Well no need to remind you what happened in spring but priorities moved to sewing some NHS scrub and the cut pieces fell deep in the UFO basket...

Well, I unearthed everything earlier this week with a goal of having a new dress for the new year and I am happy that I can fulfil that goal. 

The Moneta dress is not a new pattern since I have made another 2 but this is first time I try it with the collar. I like the look of it, it makes the dress quite different I think.

As with the others, I lengthen the bodice by 5cm because I am tall but otherwise I didn't make any other adjustments.

I managed to sew one of the pocket on the wrong side of the skirt and those couple of minutes of stitching took over an hour to unpick... it was so difficult to see the black stitches on the black jersey...

I used one of the "circa 2020" label for the dress since it has taken about the whole year from start to finish!

Another December finish :-)

Linking to  Whoop Whoop FridayPeacock PartyOff the wall FridayPatchwork and Quilts

Celine

Comments

  1. Dear Celine, very nice dress, looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric choice is perfect. The dress looks very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress, Celine -- it looks so cute on you, comfy yet the great fit and collar details will allow you to "dress it up" for a very polished look. Oh, how I feel your pain with unpicking the stitches after the pocket mistake! Congratulations on your successful finish and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique ! Très jolie robe, et bien portée ! J'adore ce tissu, et l'étiquette !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!