The Underground Railway Sampler

A long long time (10+ years) ago, I started the Underground Railway Sampler with my local quilting group.

I made all the blocks at the time. 

All that was left was the quilting. In the book, I think they quilt all the blocks individually and then sash them by machine on the front of the quilt and by hand on the back. 

I was never really sold on that technique to be honest so I never started the quilting. 

I also thought about making a border with blocks rather than a plain one so I started Barbara Brackman's Civil War BOW in 2011. Well I didn't get to 52 blocks, but only managed the first 8...

Sadly, since then, all these blocks have been sitting in a box waiting to see the light again. Well, I took a drastic decision last month that those blocks needed some love and they would not find it with me. Civil war repro fabrics are not really my cup of tea to be perfectly honest. 


With that in mind, I decided to put the blocks, some leftover fabric and the book up for sale, hoping that someone would happily take this project on and move forward with it. Well this has been the case, which means that I have one less UFO in my collection and more importantly, a few less blocks gathering dust. 

In the past, I have always felt that I couldn't possibly part with projects I had started and that I ought to finish them all one day, whether I still liked them or not. Well, I am happy that I have finally parted with this one and will look into my stash of unfinished project in the new year with a much more critical eye and also realistic expectations. Watch this space!

Linking to Monday Making, Monday Design Wall

Celine

Comments

  1. I’m just finishing up reading all of the Monday Design Wall posts. I really enjoy all of them. I’m happy to hear you gave up an unfinished project instead of agonizing over trying to get them finished. I’m at a time in my life where I have no problem getting rid of UFO’s if I no longer like them. It’s very freeing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...