Christmas PJ

Nothing better than a deadline to get going, right? I bought 5m of Christmas jersey in October to make new PJs for the kids. With the rush to get presents finished and sent before Christmas, I didn't have time to start until this week. I used the 11th Hour Gear Pattern by New Horizons Designs that I have been using so many times so far. This time, I cut a size 10 for my youngest, size 12 (+2 inches on the legs) for the middle one and size 16 (+2 inches on the legs) for the eldest.

I started cutting on Wednesday night but didn't manage all 3 pairs. So after the Christmas cooking was all done on 24th, I decided to just do what I wanted and not what I needed to for a change! Leaving so late meant that I had to go with my stash. I was hoping 5m would work out for all 3 pairs but of course, they are getting bigger so I ran out of fabric for the sleeves for the smaller top. I had another jersey in my stash that I used for it.


As for the ribbing, I used a variety of what I had left to be able to finish on 24th too and by luck I had some red, light blue, light grey, black and white so it worked out quite well afterall.

I finished cutting all 3 PJs early afternoon and got my overlocker out. After 3 hours of sewing all 3 pairs of PJ were wearable and delivered!


Admittedly, I only hemmed the tops today and looped the threads to neaten the seams today. But I had 3 happy kids wearing their new PJs on Christmas Eve!

With 3 of the same fabric, it is sometimes difficult to remember which is which so I try to put labels for them. I have some lovely ones that I bought but the kids don't like the feel on them on their skin so I now cut some out from leftover jerseys for them. And they love them, they are soft and special!

I am really happy I have finished those this year and the kids loved them too! I can add more on my finished lists and these were also on my Fettle those Finishes post.

Linking to Monday Making, Monday Design Wall, Midweek Makers Wednesday Wait Loss

Celine

Comments

  1. The handmade labels work great, and being soft is a necessity! God for you to finish all three pair of pjs in time for the kids to wear them on Christmas Eve. Happy New Year, and I appreciate you linking up with Design Wall Monday. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!