Hexie Bear Rug

 One Christmas present ready! I have finished my bear rug for my little nephew. I used Ira Rott's pattern. The bear head is all made with 3 shirts that my husband was no longer wearing and I just used some fabric from my quilting stash for the eyes and nose.


If you have read my blog before, you will already know that I ran out of quilting thread half way through it... So when I got more thread, I finished the quilting quite quickly. The piece is not that big after all. 

After quilting, I trimmed the piece to the shape of the head.

For the binding, I found a piece in my stash that I thought worked well. I never cut my binding on the bias but with so many curves on this piece, there was no other option. The binding is sewn by machine completely (front and back) which for a rug is the best option.

I am so happy I have made this little rug, now I need to send it on for Christmas. 


Fabric: 3 shirts for the front + stash for the backing and binding
Quilted with King Tut threads
Started November 2020, finished December 2020!

This is one OPAM for December as well as my One monthly goal and one of my Fettle those finishes list

Linking to 
Wednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersNeedle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

  1. My is this one cute. Congratulations to this beautiful bear rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Sorry you had to wait to finish it but it was so worth it. He'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is very cute and seems like you didn't have a lot of expense, too, since you used shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse