Knitting and Stitching Show - Alexandra Palace

I left work early today to go to the Knitting and Stitching in Alexandra Palace. I think I hadn't been for 3 years so it was nice to go back. They had a late evening ticket today valid from 3 to 7, perfect for me. I didn't go with a long shopping list but I wanted to try and find the supplies I needed to make an attempt at these lovely slippers. I was told they are easy to make even for a beginner (not sure about that but I should try!) I found some chunky wool (wool is not called worsted in the UK) in pink and purple and bought a crochet hook as well. Now I only need to be brave and try!
But of course while I was looking for some supplies for my slippers, I found these cuties from Edward's Menagerie from Toft and I couldn't resist buying the pattern book. There are just gorgeous. Now I have been told that they take about 5 hours to crochet. I am not convinced I can do it in 5 hours as a complete novice but I'll give it a try and let you know. (Photo from Toft website)
So after the pattern book,
I also needed some wool to make the animals!
Well I think that should keep me busy for a little while...

I also found a lovely backing fabric for Miss Baby's Advent Calendar from Abakhan Fabric

And I couldn't resist a little bit more of Hello Kitty Liberty fabric from Fabric Galore of course. Will that be a top for me one day?

I think I have been quite restrained really (certainly a lot better than at the Festival of Quilts anyway).
Well it's not quite bed time yet, I better get to my sewing machine and use some of my supplies to make way for the new ones!
Linking with Thursday Threads (I have some new stash to show off!)
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5