Karri Dress

Finally! Why finally, because this one has been on my list and in my head for quite a while.... I bought the pattern in October when Karri was the pattern of the month for Megan Nielsen, convinced that I was going to make it there and then. I didn't need to buy fabric as I thought I had the perfect one in my stash. Of course, that didn't happen. I had this idea at the time to maybe use some fancy piping but couldn't find what I wanted so it got nowhere, I didn't even get started. Over the last few months, I got the fabric and pattern out a few times and put it on my goal or joined a challenge with it but it never happened. That was until recently!
I finally dug the pattern out and cut it apart. I checked Megan Nielsen's post about making Karri with knit fabric since my fabric was a knitted/jersey fabric that I bought from Fabworks a while ago and off I went. I cut a straight size M from the pattern because it was a knitted fabric. My measurements fell between the M and L but I thought with the knitted fabric the smaller size would work. I completely omitted to measure the length of the top or skirt before cutting so I just had to hope for the best that it would not end up ridiculously short on me. I had added about 1' to the bottom of the skirt while cutting it.
The blogpost about making Karri with knit fabric advises to omit the invisible zipper and possibly the pockets but what is a dress without pockets, right? So I decided to go for it and keep the pockets.
I loved seeing the top come together with the panels, it was intriguing and interesting to put it together. I tried the dress without a zipper but in the end I thought having a zipper would be much more comfortable to put it on and take it off. Putting the invisible zip in wasn't too complicated and I really like the look of an invisible zip, so elegant!
After all, the dress didn't take so much time to assemble and I really like the look of it. And of course, with the paneling, the combinations are almost endless. 
I like the V-neck in the back which contrasts the rounded neckline at the front. 
My version is not lined so I had to hem the neckline and although it wasn't too bad. I used some tape to hold it in place and went slowly and it all worked out.
A new little black dress that I hope I will continue to enjoy in the weeks to come as the weather turns warmer.

One more OPAM and one of my Q2 FAL list.

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse