Kobe top

I bought the Kobe top pattern from Papercut a while ago and for some reasons I never made it. Not sure why because I loved the design. Anyway i finally picked it up and cut it off to make a top from a lovely Liberty from Shaukat.
By accident I added 2.5' to the top when I cut it off so I added the same to the back too.
The pattern is very well explained and come together rather easily. The first step is to finish the neckline with some bias binding.
Once that's done the fold at the back is constructed. Then the sleeves are added and the top is finished and hemmed. Because I used Liberty fabric,  I used French seams throughout the garment to get a neat finish. And of course I had the perfect label for it!
I'm in love, both with the fabric and the top. The back neckline is so beautiful and effective. I found a simple button to finish it.
The back hem is rounded and longer than the top but it could also be cut straight I'm sure.
One OPAM and my first off my Q2 FAL list.
Linking to Show off Saturday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5