Socks Pullover

 A new IG challenge, how could I resist, especially knowing I had some fabric in my stash that would work and winter is not yet over rather it's come back recently! And this works for 2 IG challenges actually, since January #magamsewalong is #Jumpstart.

I discovered this new Socks pullover pattern by Moi Je Couds on IG through the ongoing challenge. The pattern is very versatile and you can make a Socks for all your family as the pack includes kids & men pattern too as a special offer until mid-February.

I managed to cut the fabric the previous week-end and sew it over the last week.  I cut between size 42 and 44 for this pattern and added one inch to the overall length. It is quite roomy and I could probably have cut the smaller size (42) but I was worried my fabric might not have been stretchy enough. 

I was planning on the option with mitts as my hands are always so cold while I am working at the computer. There is even a video tutorial to make those: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7wAuXEwKis

I made them out of the jumper fabric but decided it was probably to thick and was going to be uncomfortable to wear. I cut another pair out of a black ribbing fabric I had and made a new pair of mitts out of it, duly attached them to the sleeves and then tried the jumper on, happy that all I had left to do was the hem on the bottom. Well, while trying the jumper on I decided against keeping the mitts on the jumper in the end so I unpicked them from the sleeves.

With that, all I had left to finish was the hems (waist and sleeves) which I finally completed on Sunday night.

And to jazz it up a little I added this lovely stick on that I bought while we were in New York in October. I LOVE it, really!

So happy to have another finish this month and to not have created a new UFO! So much so that I bought a piece of fabric on Saturday to make another version of the Socks, washed the fabric overnight and cut it on Sunday. It is now a work in progress that I am hoping to finish before the end of the month!

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock Party, Patchwork and Quilt

Céline

Comments

  1. That top is lovely! I’m sew impressed! It fits you perfectly! Love that pin as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! And very smart to make the mittens/gloves things to keep your hands warm. You can still wear them together even though they are now not attached. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pattern if your first reaction is to make another! Sure looks warm and cute on you. Love that color too. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trop beau ce pull !Le petit détail est charmant. J'aime beaucoup le col, il doit être bien chaud, parfait pour la saison !
    Merci pour le partage de liens ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!