It is becoming to look a lot like Christmas!

We had our first dust of snow this morning, last day of school. Sadly, it was all melted by lunch time but at least it was pretty this morning.
Last week-end, our tree went up ... before the skirt was ready
but I am proud to say that the skirt is now done, I did the last stitch on the binding last night. I made my skirt using blocks I made and received from the Christmas Scrappy Block Swap I took part in in August 2009! I know that was a looooong time ago... You can read more about the swap here and here and there.
My blocks have been patiently waiting to be used since then. I only got them out about a week or two ago and decided that this was the year I was going to get them into a quilt, they were not going to wait yet another year until next Christmas
 so I pieced my tree skirt,
 quilted it
and finished it with the binding - one stitch at a time - over the last week or so,
to finally be able to show you a finished tree skirt that we have now put around the Christmas tree.
My third OPAM this month, I am on a roll! Plus this one is a real UFO when you think the blocks were pieced about 30 months ago...
I am also very proud to report that I have taken a few "Dear Jane" stitches in the last 2 days. I have started sewing L12 that I cut out a long time ago.
Hopefully I'll finish the block soon.
And don't forget tonight is Friday Night Sew-In if you want to catch up with some last-minute sewing before Christmas....
Linking to Val's Quilting Archive.
Celine

Comments

  1. Such a cute tree skirt! So many fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect tree skirt...quick and easy too! So glad you shared this under our Tuesday Archives CHristmas theme!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!