Snail pace

Finally my Advent Calendar for Miss Strawberry Shortcake is finished. I did put the last stitch in the binding yesterday evening before going to bed. It felt so good to sew a binding by hand as I can't remember the last quilt I finished, it has been so long. What felt good as well to finally re-use my big machine. My sewing table had been in such a mess that it was too much trouble un-burying everything to use my big machine so I have been using the small one only for a far too looong time. I have been trying very hard since I stopped work to tidy up a little bit everyday and decided that the Advent Calendar would have to be quilted on my big machine. I did free-motion quilting and although it is far from perfect, it was a great practice piece. So here is (it is now even filled with chocolates of course!):
This was my second and last OPAM for November.

Yesterday I also finished my framed hexie for Diane. She has a garden theme for her hexies and although I knew what I wanted to do from early in the month, I hadn't managed to get going until lately. Here is my ruffled snail for her, I hope she likes it! It will be on its way to Australia today and I hope its pace will be faster than mine!
Celine

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse