My list to Santa

I don't know until when you are "young" enough to write to Santa but I thought I had been a good girl this year so I contacted Santa and Mother Christmas electronically with my wishes for this year. I'll see if they've read my emails come Christmas morning!

The first thing I have put on my list is the 4 issues of Cotton Life (5 to 8) for 2011. I bought the first 4 issues earlier this year and although the magazine is all written in Chinese, it is well explained and easy to follow with lots of pictures.
If you read Laurraine's blog Patchwork Pottery some of her designs have been featured in the magazine. You might remember from previous posts that I used one of my magazine (pictured above) earlier this year to make an "Autumn Bag" for a swap and a purse for Mr Cars.


I have also asked for a few of the kits for the blocks from Quiltaid Europe 2011, Whimsy and Wonder.
It is the first year the kits are available in Europe, based on the Australian project. Some of the money generated from the sales is used to fund a project in Ethiopia to help women who suffer horrendous childbirth injuries, you can read all about it on the Quiltaid website. So you're helping other women while indulging in your hobby, great idea don't you think?
There are 12 individual blocks by 12 designers available from 6 shops (in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany), each shop sell 2 of the kits for the blocks (pattern and fabric). Some of the shops also sell the finishing kit if you are planning on to make the whole quilt. I really love some of these blocks so I have put a few on my list to Father (and Mother) Christmas.
I believe the kits are only on sale for a limited time or until the shops run out of them so don't delay if you are interested. I am not sure if they are already on sale yet though.
Anyway, I hope Santa finds I have been good enough to bring me some kits and magazines. I'll keep you posted after 25 December 2011.
Celine

Comments

  1. I don't know this magazine! where did you find yours?? I love your circular bag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!