Diving deep in the UFO box, Super Mario

With some free time on my hand, I have been trying to sort out some parts of the house. I have attacked different places like the office/sewing room, the living room, the storage room but also the loft! There is so much "stuff" everywhere and so much that we will realistically never use again. I have already filled 2 big recycling bin with some very old paperwork, sold a few things on that we will not reuse and pass some things of for others to love and enjoy. Of course, there is plenty more to go through but at least it is a few steps in the right direction. What has all this to do with this blog post? 

Well, while going through a few boxes in the storage room, I got my Super Mario pieces out. They have been patiently waiting since I started the quilt-along with Angela in 2012... I have all the squares cut out (or at least I think so!) and as I found out this week, I have pieced 5 blocks: Mario, Luigi, Cloud, Goomba and Yoshi (this one was self-drafted)






The original pattern had 12 blocks, and I think at the time I was planning to make 15, which means that I am not yet half way through! I have found 3 partly started blocks that I will try to finish first.

But with all the little squares already cut, surely it shouldn't take that long to have a quilt top ready? 

Edited to add: Apart that after checking, I don't have all the squares cut,  just a few colours, no background or no black for example.

Let's see if I can finish the top this year. 

Linking to Monday Design WallMidweek MakersPeacock Party 

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!