September furtle

 I was lucky to have the full month off work! Well, technically this is not true, I am in reality out of work since I finished my last job at the end of August. But since I am lucky enough to have another exciting job lined up for October, it feels like a rest, a break in between the two, to recover from the mad last few months. With September also came the return to school, which of course this year was so particular. I am glad and pleased to say that all 3 were happy to go back, even if there was some anxiety and seems to have mostly settled back in well. We even took advantage of the lovely weather to enjoy a week-end away, visiting Stonehenge and Bath. It was really good to be somewhere else for a short time. A month off could have meant hours and hours of sewing but not quite. I have been torn between enjoying my "me" time with my sewing machine and using my spare time to whizz through the house to tidy/sort out/clean etc. Unfortunately, the latter won more often. Funny I feel almost guilty to be sewing when everyone else is working.. Never mind the internal debate, let's look at the makes!

My first finishes this month were all with faux leather: 2 lunch bags for the girls and some hand-sanitizer pouches - must-have accessory this year and a last-minute pencil case.

I have sewn an incredible number of patchwork blocks this month, something that hadn't happened for a while. First I made 3 blocks for the Super Mario quilt I started about 8 years ago, always good to work on a UFO before creating many more, right?

I also started the snowflake quilt-along and I have made the first 11 blocks. 

And I also started the Tinsel Tree quilt-along and completed the 3 big bottom sections of the background.

I finished one dressmaking UFO with the Sirocco jumpsuit I started last summer and made a new summer dress before the sun disappeared, the Venice dress.

Last but not least, I managed to finish the Mini Maker case in time with the sew-along! Phew, that was a good month for sure!

Linking to September Furtle.

Celine

Comments

  1. You have had a good month. I love your faux leather makes and your dress looks great. I hope you enjoy your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m thrilled you’re working on the Super Mario blocks again! And your snowflake quilt is going to be gorgeous. I hadn’t realised just how many things you’d finished in September until I read this post - hooray for finishes! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!