Venice dress

Last summer dress? I don't know really but I cut this dress late August while it was pouring down with rain, not very promising weather for a summer dress. 


I had bought the pattern from New Horizons Design last summer and the fabric is from Fabrics Galore London, I bought it last November. The fabric is a lovely floaty viscose, very soft and comfortable. I cut it straight from the packet with no alteration. The pattern is very versatile with a variety of sleeves, length (front and back) to play with. And a always, the instructions are really clear and detailed, including if you need to make bust adjustments. 

September started quite cold but we've had a heatwave earlier this week so I decided it was now and never to make this dress. I set myself a goal to finish it on Monday so I could wear it on Tuesday and it totally worked. I was so happy to finish it ready for a hot summery day. 


Because it is a loose fit, it is easy to swish around in it.


The print/colour is quite autumnal so maybe I can still wear it for a little while with layers and tights.


Another OPAM for September.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!