Sirroco

Sometimes projects, particularly dressmaking ones, are done quickly, sometimes they take me ages, and for no real reasons... This last one definitely falls in the latter category. I made my first Sirroco by Deer and Doe Pattern in June last year and it was assembled from start to finish in about 3 hours. Happy with the pattern and enthused by the arrival of beautiful new Italian matte lycra at Fabworks online, I duly ordered some aubergine fabric and cut a new one last September (yes I know, that was a year ago). I am tall so learning from my first Sirroco, I added 2.5'' to the bodice when I cut the pattern and 1'' to the waistband. 



I started sewing it last year. The fabric is plain and doesn't seem to have a wrong/right side, so I ended up sewing one of the front panel the wrong way. So I left it to be unpicked... for later. 

Well later took a very long time, I finally digged the project out last June. I unpicked and finished the top part of the jumpsuit. And once more, I moved to another project and then another.... Earlier in the month, I promised myself that I would finish this jumpsuit before the end of September. I picked it up again at the week-end and dedicated Sunday to it. I was half-tempted to leave the hemming of sleeves and legs for another day. But then, I quickly feared that this other day would not come in a while so I finished it here and then.

Why did it take me so long to finish it? No idea really, not the right colour thread in the overlocker/sewing machine, laziness, lack of motivation, whatever else? Well, I am happy that I can now enjoy this new piece in my wardrobe when the weather starts turning cooler. 

The fabric is very comfy to wear and has great stretch, just like "Secret Pyjamas" really!

One more OPAM for September and one of my Q3 FAL list. 

Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

  1. Beautiful jumpsuit. I’m glad you finally got it finished. It looks terrific on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse