Ready for school?

Monday is the big day here, and it will be odd. I know they are all feeling the stress and in some ways I think we are too.It will be nearly 6 months since they were last at school and although we have tried to keep up with school work during the home schooling time, it will be a very different setting that what they are used to. In order to be ready and not add extra stress, I have been asking them for a little while now if they had everything they need... and on Friday, my teenage son said he needed a pencil case. I guess I am lucky it could have told me Sunday night... I asked for the specifics of what he wanted and he picked one of the vinyl fabric but indicated that he wanted the "wrong" side (black) out.



I searched for a pattern online and found this one that I thought would work well as it is quite boxy. It starts with a 10' square, which I did too. But before attaching the zip to the piece of vinyl, I added a little tab at each end of the zip as I prefer the look of it. I find it neater.


Once I had done that step, I attached the zip to the square.
Next step is to sew the short ends of the square and finally to make the boxy corners (at 1' from the bottom).

All that's left after that is to turn it inside out and to admire the final pencil case, made in less 30 minutes.


Another OPAM for September.

Linking to to Monday MakingWednesday Wait Loss Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Great case! I need to start looking at vinyls and trying my hand at them. I have a piece of Ultra Suede I have carried for years, just looking for the perfect project. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way I could get that beautiful case done in 30 minutes! Great job! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful case! Very smart looking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!