Scrub bags

With the current epidemic, every little help and I was humbled to be able to make some wash bags for the hard working front line workers to wash their uniforms in.
I went into deep dive in my stash for some suitable fabric for the first batch of bags I made and managed 12 bags that will go to my local hospital shortly. Those one were threaded with some cord I bought from my local shop via phone. 
My neighbours contributed to my efforts by giving me some of their old beddings to cut off. 
I made 13 more bags out of 3 single duvetsand made the strings for those from the leftover fabric. I didn't particularly enjoy the pressing/folding involved but it worked.
These have gone already to be distributed in the local community. 
I have more bedding to use up, I need to find some time as I think bags are still in need for everyone potentially being in contact with the virus.

The bags are all sewn with French seams for durability since they will be washed at high temperature regularly.

One useful OPAM for April and one off my Q2 FAL list that I am happy to have crossed off. 

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. It was great that your neighbors were able to supply you with suitable fabric for your project. I haven't heard of anyone else making wash bags for front line workers. Are these used to hold dirty uniforms after finishing a shift or do they go into the washing machine to hold clothing during the wash cycle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nurses put their uniforms in and put the bags directly in their washing machine, opening up the top so the uniform is washed properly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!