365 quilt challenge

 The challenge started in 2016 and I started the same year. Kathryn has repeated it every year since and I have miserably failed to make much progress really. Last year, I only pieced 5 of the 3'' blocks, just 5 tiny teeny blocks from October, that I didn't even post here.

I also had a sixth one (11th October) cut out but I never managed to piece it until this week.

And while I was making this one, I also did the bonus block for 1st January that was released this year. I managed to sew that one wrong 3 times before I did correctly. Twice the pinwheel in the middle was anything but and the first time I even had some of the pieces with the wrong side up... You know when you think, I should really go to bed... oh but I'm nearly there, I'll finish this first. Yes exactly...

And I also cut the block for December 31st, which is a 6'' one with mitered corner and covered corner. I misread the instructions on this one so there was some unpicking there too. And now I'm stuck as to how to add the last 4 pieces so I think this unfinished one will be here for a while! 

Anyway these are my first 2 blocks pieced this year and they are for a UFO!

Linking to Monday Making, Monday Design Wall, Midweek MakersWednesday Wait Loss.

Celine

Comments

  1. 365 Challenge is a wonderful project. I made this one too. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you had trouble with the blocks! What's more meaningful to me is that you finished them. Yes, you didn't do 365. But the ones you did make were lovely and showed your perseverance and awesome piecing skills! I mean man those things are small! Thanks for sharing them on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...