Guadalupe bag

 I saw so many of these gorgeous Guadalupe bags on Facebook over the Christmas holiday that I really wanted to try it too! 

Everyone was saying how beautiful and easy/fast it was to make. Plus that came as a free pattern from the designer Sammie Valencia, so I was sold.

I had cut all the pieces on New Year's day and starting the assembly shortly after. 


As often, I was put off by picking/cutting and using the interfacing so I parked the exterior pieces while I was constructing the lining. 


The pattern doesn't have instructions to add pockets but Sammie's website does. That was my first time making a pocket with a faux leather overlay too!




I started working on it again at the beginning of last week to add  the straps connectors, only to take them off the following day (and to realise I had cut 2 but needed 4....) as it looked awful...

Strolling through YouTube, I found this great video for hidden straps connectors and that gave such a nicer look.


With those done, it didn't take very long to finish the bag completely. The only difficulty I had was with the topstitching around the top of the bag, especially over the side seams. My machine really didn't like the thickness there.


I really love the look of it and the tweed accent on the outside. 
I also tried to make a tassel for the first time and I think it looks great.


It is quite a roomy bag with a sturdy base too.


Now I made this bag to gift it to my auntie who sent us a lovely box of goodies from home for Christmas since we couldn't get back. It was such a thoughtful and nice surprise to receive it that I thought I'd make her thank you present. It has been ready to go until Sunday but I must admit, I haven't yet been able to part with it.... soon!

One more OPAM for January and one off my Q1 FAL list.

Linking to Whoop Whoop FridayPeacock PartyBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayPatchwork and QuiltsMonday Making, Monday Design Wall, Midweek MakersWednesday Wait LossNeedle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

  1. wow....that's about all I can say. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very professional looking bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bag! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouah, magnifique sac ! Il n'a pas l'air si facile que ça à faire, tu as fait du beau travail ! Belles finitions, et les tissus sont très chouettes. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous bag! And that tassel looks professional. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one would ever guess this bag was hand made! It is stunning and perfect! Just a great size and love those inner pockets...always helpful to keep us gals organized!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5